Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Lincoln! (The Movie)

Happy weekend everyone!  Today was mostly uneventful, but we did make it to the most crowded mall in all of Houston to go to the movies to see Lincoln


I am sort of on the fence about my review of this movie.  The actors were phenomenal!  Daniel Day Lewis, Sally Field, even Robert California from The Office!

 yes!

The parts I loved besides the acting were the moving moments of the thirteenth amendment being voted on, the parts that showed the devastation of the Civil War.  They were all super moving and you can feel like you are a witness to something incredible happening in history.

Then (paraphrasing my little brother) some parts feel like you are watching Olde Tyme C-SPAN.  Yeah, a little slow and tedious.  Probably very accurate of how it is to be a real life Congress member.  And the movie is way long, like 2.5 hours.

If you really like history, or any of the actors in this movie, I recommend it because you will certainly enjoy the subject matter and/or their performance.  If those things don't speak to you, you might want to pass.  

I still need to go see Argo and Pitch Perfect, those both look really good!

Has anyone else seen it?  What did you think?  

3 comments:

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

My husband and I went and saw Lincoln last night too! I liked it, but I want to go back and watch it again once it comes out on DVD. I got lost in some of Lincoln's LONG rants! I thought that Daniel Day Lewis did a good job with the role of Lincoln, but I thought that Tommy Lee Jones stole the show.

New follower from Sunday Sync!

vickilicious said...

Hi and thanks for following! I followed you back and look forward to reading your blog!

Helene said...

I really want to see it! and hey, I see you are a TX blogger, me too!

Helene in Between

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...