Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

This is an official award winning blog! ;)

I am very grateful to announce that my friend Mrs. T over at My Front Porch has nominated me for a blog award. Go check out her blog if you get a chance, it is great fun!

Here is about the award: 


Liebster is German for beloved, or darling,
and I am absolutely excited, honored, and thrilled that Hannah nominated me!
Here are the rules:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.

Facts:
1. I watch an insane amount of TV.  There are so many good shows these days!
2. My brother and I claim our ancestry to be "Mexadian" - a word to mean both Mexican and Canadian
3. I HATE ironing and cleaning floors
4. I fear my living space is a fire hazard due to the amount of books my husband owns
5. I am an accountant
6. I love almost every single thing Marc Jacobs makes
7. I love every single movie Wes Anderson makes
8. I will go to great lengths to avoid crowded spaces, unless live music is involved
9. I am a dog person being forced to co-habitate with a cat
10. I love all Asian food
11.  I am an obsessive planner.  
 

  Mrs. T's Questions:
1. Electronic reading, paper, magazines or paper reading, paper, magazines?
I prefer reading paper things vs. electronic things.  I like the feel and smell of a book or a magazine.  I prefer to read magazines because I can read them in short bursts, because I am usually needing to catch up on chores or homeworks. 

2. What item do you collect on vacation? 
Whenever I am going on a trip I have to send a postcard to myself, #1.  And I usually do a little internet research to find out what the unique souvenir of the location is.  You can get a magnet or a shot glass everywhere.  

3. What is the best Vacation spot you went to?
This is tough, as I have a pretty great time anywhere I go.  I think when my BFF Katrina and I went on a cruise to Mexico, we had such a blast.  My second would be going to Tokyo, Japan because the food was outstanding and everything I saw was just so darn cool and different.

4. Are you a white gold, gold, or silver kind of person?
White gold or silver.  Gold gold looks funny on my skin tone.

5. Would you rather wear shoes or bare feet and why?
Bare feet.  If I am wearing socks and shoes, I feel like I am suffocating.  Weird, right?

6. What is your favorite book?
Love Is a Mixed Tape by Rob Sheffield.  My God how I cried.
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

7. What is your favorite song?
Dream a Little Dream of Me - The Mamas and the Papas

8. What is your favorite movie?
Eagle vs. Shark, Closer, Donnie Darko, Waiting for Guffman

9. Would you rather have a heavy fall scented candle burning or a light spring scented candle burning?
I like Fall smells

10. Name one secret obsession.
I can't really think of one?  All of my obsessions are very public, sadly, lol.

11. Why did you decided to blog?
I decided to blog because I love to write, and I love to share information and ideas with others (and maybe make them laugh a little too).  And not to be depressing, but I lost my Dad when I was young, and now, nearly 20 yeas later, I often wonder what he was like on a deeper level than the little I could remember.  If he had had a blog or journal of some sort, that would have been a pretty cool thing to be able to read.  So God forbid if I meet my maker and someone wants to know me better, they can read about all the bad TV I watched and how much the cat annoys me, lol.  And eventually if I get enough readers to make some sweet moolah, that would be awesome too, lol.  What a world we live in, right? ;)

My Questions
1. You have to be an item on a salad bar.  What are you and why?
2. If you can have dinner with someone dead or alive, who would you pick and why?
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
4. What is your dream job?
5. What is a quote that you love?
6. Favorite dessert food
7. If you could max out a credit card in one store, which one would it be?
8. Favorite kitchen appliance?
9. You just won the lottery, but it was only $50,000.  How do you spend it? 
10. Best vacation you ever went on?
11. You decide to give your new poodle a celebrity name, what did you pick?

And the Nominees are...

Sarah @ Loveee Sarah
Nikki @ Lucky in Love
Stephanie @ Bare Apple Blog









 

4 comments:

Sarah Kil said...

Congratulations!! This is such a neat award! I also prefer to read paper over electronic. I do have a Nook now, but I still prefer the old fashioned way :D

Les said...

That poodle picture is absolutely hilarious. And I think that Regis Philbin is a very appropriate name. :)

I would love for you to stop by and say hi sometime! leslyni.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend!

The Cavallaro's said...

Congrats on your award girl!!!

Rachel said...

I'm a new reader of your blog. I agree with your reason-to-blog... I lost my dad when I was 4, and wouldn't it be so incredible to have his blog, or a journal, or something to help me get to know him better. :)
floralandfudge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...