Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Letter from My Prison Boyfriend

I had to share this story because it is just too funny...and a possible love connection is at stake. 

So maybe 3-4 months ago I was sifting through the office mail.  I sort through it because it is usually a bunch of checks from people paying their invoices, and that is my department.  Well in there on that day was a letter addressed to Manuela Martinez.  There is no one at my office with this name, but the address was for our office, so it didn't just get delivered to the wrong place.  It sat on my desk for a couple days, because I knew mail fraud is for sure a federal offense.  But it was kind of my name... (I am still legally Natalie Martinez, I haven't made time to change it ever...)

Plus the letter came from prison, so I figured someone was requesting me to bake a cake with a file in it to help them escape.  Based upon their crimes, I'd consider it.  (no I wouldn't.)
I googled it, and this is totally from prison.

I'm sure he meant Natalie...  





Obviously I opened it. 

And drats, it was all in Spanish.

No hablo Espanol :\

Enter Tony, our IT guy and also resident Spanish language interpreter of the office.
Turns out, this is a love letter!

I took the letter home to show Aaron, and inform him that I have a new prison boyfriend.
And also that he can start calling me Manuela from here on out.

So we had a good laugh about it, and occasionally I'll wonder about my prison boyfriend if prison happens to come up in conversation.

So today while I was blogging working diligently, I got an email...

Well what to my wondering eyes should appear?

GASP!
Manuela Martinez, right there in my inbox?!!
(she was emailing me regarding an accounting issue her company was having)


So now I have an ethical dilemma...was this letter intended for her??

If so, how on earth did it end up at my workplace?!

Tough questions, guys.

Either way, Cesar and I are no more, thanks for asking.





19 comments:

Kayla Nelms said...

UMMMM. Odd! What did she say?

You can always lie and say you just looked at the last name and opened it ;)

Rebecca @ Frugal Fashion Mommy said...

This post seriously made me laugh. Having a back up boyfriend is always a good thing...right? ;) haha I'm a new follower by the way =)

Karla said...

OMG. Too funny!! I don't even know the first thing I would do.
What an odd situation!! lol

Lisette @ Northern Belle Diaries said...

This is HILARIOUS! PLEASE update us with this! hahahah

Daydreaming Realist said...

I would have done the same thing... sat on it for a while, then opened it--so it would be warmer jk. I would have felt guilty until I justified it like you did. Same last name, your address--that's pretty intriguing. I've gotten wrong mail, before, but not where it seemed like it could be mine. I just did this-->I would reseal the envelope and write "delivered to wrong address" on it and pop that letter back in the mail.

Daydreaming Realist said...

might wanna do that from a different location, though ;) Not the office.

Nat said...

Ummmmm that's really odd!

Sarah Kil said...

bwahahahahahahaahahaha! Natalie you're hilarious!! :D Funniest post ever! I also got a letter from prison, but I knew the guy from high school.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This gave me a good morning laugh! Thank you :)

Sara said...

Hahah! I used to always get letters from prison boyfriends when I worked at newspapers. My favorite was from a patient at a mental hospital explaining that he had won the Nobel prize but the doctors had taken it away from him. Poor guy :)

Megan said...

Haha! This is hilarious! Just tell the lady that it was mistakenly opened at your office by someone else who isn't you, haha!

Allie @ Tales of a TwentySomething said...

I am seriously laughing out loud at this! This has to be the funniest thing ever!
Put it in a new envelope, mail it to her at work and just say you saw the last name and opened it by mistake!

Teresa said...

Oh my goodness, that was hilarious!! I would tell the woman that you only saw the Martinez part of the address and figured it was delivered to your desk by the mail clerk. LOL

Helene said...

hahaha this is too awesome. love it

Courtney said...

Wow...this is hillarious. Better hide your crime! ;) New follower via 12 days of Christmas. XO
Courtney
www.baxtronlife.com

Maria Lipkin said...

This is hilarious!
I am now following along! :)

www.thislifesbeautifulmoments.com

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

That is crazy! I'd just get rid of the letter LOL

HS

vickilicious said...

Hahaha! That is funny! Nevertheless, be careful how you're going to handle it!

Kym Fox @ Travel Babbles | Living the (hockey) Life said...

OMG! Haha!!!!!! These weird twisty turny things always seem to happen to me as well. I definitely would have opened it...and then placed it at the bottom of the trash can! What happens in Houston stays in Houston? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...