Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

I'm 31!

It's my birthday!  Whoop!  I had a really great day!  I slept in, had a fancy lunch at Brio with my Mom, brother, and Aaron.  Came home and lounged around all day, and closed off the night with a bunch of tweeting with the Sisterwives finale!
There was a time when I thought being born on the 30th was the worst birthday ever, because everyone either rolls you into Christmas or wants to just wait a day until it is New Years Eve, and then it isn't even anything special.  But now that I am old and like going to bed early, it ain't no thang!  lol.
I used to be sad about getting old too, but I try to keep things in perspective.  We are all aging at the exact same rate, so having a birthday is nothing to get all bent out of shape about.
So what if I am not a millionaire by now like my 20 year old self thought would happen:



And sure I may feel old some days but:




And I have to be thankful that I get to be 31, not everyone does



But back to my point, what is especially great about having a birthday, is getting all the birthday freebies!!

from Sephora!

If you can withstand quite a bit of junk emails, you will be handsomely rewarded come birthday time.  Here are all the birthday freebies I received this birthday season:

Genghis Grill - Free Birthday Bowl, holler!!!  I love Genghis Grill so much!

Dairy Queen - BOGO Blizzard

Sephora - Mini Lip Duo

Einstein Bros Bagels - Free Breakfast Bagel

Red Lobster - $5 off 2 Adult Entrees

Chili's - Free Brownie Sundae

Kolache Factory - Free Egg Kolache with purchase

Luby's - Free Dessert (don't make fun, Luby's is delicious.)

World Market - 10% off

BJ's Brewery - Free Pizookie, heck yes!!!

I am going to go out to eat for 20 meals in a row, yeah!!!  lol

A more thorough list can be found here.  Go and hook yourself up!

I just need to make sure to cash in on all my free desserts before the first, because we are going on diets at the Hinkley household!

And thank you to all the well wishers on facebook, twitter, texts and calls and hugs I got, I felt very loved today :)  





9 comments:

JanM ♥ said...

Happy birthday!!! :D I love the quotes you posted. :)

xo,
janmloves.blogspot.com

Sarah Kil said...

Happy birthday again Natalie! I think you're the most wonderful person I have ever met! :)
Cheers to another year! :D

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your freebies. You sound like me-"Eat all the junkfood before I start my diet." :)

Rachel said...

happy birthday Natalie!
floral&fudge

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Happy Birthday Natalie!!!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! Glad to hear that you had a great day!

Helene said...

umm those are some great freebies!!! happy birthday!

Shoshanah said...

Hope you had a very happy birthday!!!

Lenetta Carnes said...


 Hi, Great post.  I found you through the blog hop. Please stop  by and say hi when you get a chance.  .Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that started. It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Now following you. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...