Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

My Favorite Ornaments

Since I pulled out all the ornaments this weekend, I wanted to write a post about a few of my favorites!

These little birds came from a wintery tree that was in the entry way of our wedding reception.  Aw.
I don't know why I like birds so much, real life birds are sorta gross.

Bill Clinton <3 lol.  Aaron and I picked this guy up at the William J Clinton Presidential Library on our road trip to Bloomington, IN.  We are big fans of the Clintons (Hillary 2016!).  We stopped in Little Rock on our way to see friends Jeremy and Nicole get married.  We went to Graceland like elderly people too, but the ornament wasn't as good.  It was the best time, I wish we could do it again.  Jeremy and Nicole, 3 year vow renewal maybe?  

This is a handmade ornament that we got in Bermuda on our Honeymoon.  It is hard to see, but it is the most beautiful color of blue, it looks just like the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.  Dockyard Glassworks - if you are ever in Bermuda, they have beautiful everything!

These miniature wedding crowns served as our cake topper last January, and now they adorn our tree.  There may or may not still be flecks of frosting in the beadwork.  

Michael Scott and Dwight Schrute from the office.  The best characters from the best show in the world.  They talk!

This dinosaur is new, he came with 2 other dinosaur buddies from the Crate and Barrel after Christmas clearance last year.  I love this one so much because he has glasses, and I think that is awesome, lol.


And I always have this one from the American Cancer Society for my Dad, so we remember him at Christmas.  Miss you Dad!

Have you seen that new TLC special - My Crazy Obsession: Christmas Collections?
They are my heroes, and I hope to be that extreme crazy with my Christmas decor one day, lol.



7 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I LOVE the Bill Clinton ornament!!! I want one!!

Kimberly H said...

I love Christmas and I love your ornaments! I think the dinosaur is my favorite - so cute! My husband and I exchange ornaments every year so we'll have a pretty decent collection in a few years, but right now our tree is pretty sparse, haha. I'm your newest follower, stopping by from One Haole Girl! Looking forward to getting to know you more :)

Jennifer said...

Hello. New to your blog from Tarole's blog. I am also sponsoring her and I loved your post today. I had to comment on this since I love the Clinton's too! Love that ornament.

Allie @ Tales of a TwentySomething said...

Hi! New to your blog from Tarole's :) I love the wedding crown idea! Its so pretty! Thanks for hosting a giveaway!

A. said...

I love your Bill Clinton ornament. I found you through Tarole's blog.

Sara said...

What a cute idea for a blog post -- I love knowing stories behind the ornaments!

Miss Bat said...

New follower: I love living vicariously through other people's Christmas trees since I'm still living in a dorm this year (graduating in a week and a half, though!) and won't have my own tree until next year. Your ornaments are great, I especially love the adorable dinasour!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...