Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Anniversary Weekend Recap

Since our anniversary fell on a Monday, we have been celebrating since Saturday, lol. 
 
Saturday night we went over to my Mom's house because the top of our wedding cake had been living in her freezer since last year.  She was eager to get that space back!  Since we were taking the trip out there I thought it would be fun to recreate our wedding meal!  That is the chicken oscar I made!  It wasn't Petroleum Club caliber but it was pretty close!  I also made really delicious garlic mashed potatoes and home made rolls.  It is one of the better meals I have made in my day!

Year old frozen wedding cake doesn't keep it's looks too well. But the taste was not too bad at all.  My Mom wrapped that sucker up really well, and it was totally edible!
 
We decided to go out to dinner for our anniversary on Sunday night, due to the plans we had on Saturday night and the fact that I am obsessed with watching The Bachelor on Monday nights...yeah, I know. 
 
We ended up going to The Downtown Aquarium Restaurant because I had never been and it looked really cool.
 

 
The ambiance was cool with the fish tank visible from anywhere you sit in the restaurant.  I guess the fish don't get freaked out that you are chowing on their cousins right in front of them.  Aside from that cool feature, everything else was a letdown.  It was loud, tons of kids (shoulda known...) the food was overpriced and not very good.  The drinks were good, and our service was decent, it just wasn't what we were expecting.  Oh well, now we know!
 
Monday night was fun, Aaron cooked a fancy steak dinner at home.  And brought me flowers and presents.  Single ladies - marry a man who cooks and thank me later! ;)
 
Someone should clean up that bookshelf in the back...

The apartment didn't burn down, so that was nice

yum!
 
After we stuffed our faces I got to watch The Bachelor (<3), Teen Mom, and Catfish while eating even more cake and having tasty pink champagne, also called Pink.
 

It was a great 3 day long celebration! :)
 
 
 

8 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I'm glad that you had a happy anniversary :)

Annie One Can Cook! said...

Happy Anniversary! Your post cracked me up--love the part about the fishes cousins and the apartment not burning down. I was married 3 1/2 weeks ago so I was wondering/worried how the top of the cake would hold up (funny thing--my husbands mom has our cake in her deep freeze!). Glad you had a wonderful celebration--sounds like you married a truly wonderful guy :)

Sam said...

All that yummy food has made me so hungry! You two sound like you had an awesome anniversary! But next time I'll be waiting for my invite because your chicken Oscar looked to die for!

xo

Vicky Fida said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you had fun! I wish you many, many, many more!

Sarah Kil said...

I love it!! I wanna celebrate with you! :) hahahaha!
Anyway, I think it's awesome that you recreated your wedding dinner, I wouldn't have even thought of that :) Way to go you clever girl! :)

Kym Fox @ Travel Babbles | Living the (hockey) Life said...

It looks like you had such a lovely weekend! TJ and I never got to taste a single bite of our wedding cake, so I'm really looking forward to our 1 year in July so I can see if the cake was worth all that money, hahahaha!! Again, Happy Anniversary, here's to many more! xo

Sara said...

Happy Anniversary! I used to live close to Kemah and was frequently dragged to the Aquarium for meals... so sorry. They had one appetizer that I liked, but I found most of the food to be only so-so. At least the scenery was pretty!

Laura said...

sounds like an awesome anniversary! at least you know about that aquarium restaurant, it certainly looks cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...