Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

GET EXCITED - New TV is back!!!

Don't get me wrong, the Christmas season and the break that comes along with it is welcomed with open arms come mid December, but the sad part about it is all the re-runs. 

So I am in an equally celebratory mood because the new shows (or continuations) are back this week!!!

Here is my lineup of the must watch shows of the season.  I will preface that a Tivo-esque device is necessary because there is a lot of overlap on timing unfortunately!


SUNDAY
TLC: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Yup, my favorite show! :D  I know this show has a bunch of naysayers, but give it a chance and I assure you that if you aren't completely disgusted by their crass behavior, they will have you in stitches.  They are legitimately funny people!


                                                                                                   Source: 9gag.com via Natalie on Pinterest

ABC: Revenge

OMG, I love this show!  It is so cheesy but I got sucked in with episode #1, so I am in it for the long haul now.  The storyline is almost too complex to follow sometimes!  Plus I want Emily Thorne's wardrobe, and I want to be independently wealthy and live in the Hampton's.  That isn't too much to ask, is it?  lol

MONDAY

ABC: The Bachelor

Um hello, my favorite show to snark on is back!  I don't think this Bachelor is as foxy as Bachelors past, but the ladies will no doubt be just as ridiculous!  Stay off twitter Monday nights if you don't want to be bombarded with commentary from yours truly, lol!

MTV: Teen Mom/Catfish
Fire up your Tivo because you are going to want to watch Teen Mom and Catfish once the Bachelor is over.  Is Jenelle going to last with that guy?(no)  Are Corey and Leah entertaining the idea of getting back together? (no)  Will Chelsea ever get her GED so she can give people scary blonde lion hairdos like hers? (no) Will Kaitlyn start using her brain instead of her emotions to make any life decisions? (no)  So see, I have to watch to make sure I am right about these girls.

And Catfish, the perfect reality show.  1. Nev and Nev's silver fox of a brother(?) are nice to look at.  2. The people are different each time to keep you interested  3. There is a built in mystery aspect that is crucial to good tv, but it is legitimate here because as we are learning, 98% of people on the internet are lying to you!  Is my name even Natalie?!?!  You'll never know!  lol

TUESDAY
FOX: The New Girl/Happy Endings
A nice night of non-reality tv that is way funny!  Like way way funny.  Almost as funny as The Office, funny.

WEDNESDAY
TLC: Toddlers in Tiaras/ Cheer Perfection

Aka, lessons on how not to be a psycho parent.

ABC:  The Middle/ Modern Family/ Suburgatory

The Middle and Modern Family are funny to me, and I watch them mostly because everyone else is and I don't want to be left out of conversation.  Plus Modern Family wins all the emmy's every year and aside from year 1, I am unsure why this is still happening.  Maybe I am missing something?  Suburgatory is flipping awesome though.  I love every second of that crazy show!

THURSDAY
NBC:  30 Rock/Parks and Rec/ The Office

This trilogy of shows has been a staple in the Hinkley household for years.  We are going to be so lost when 30 Rock and The Office are gone after this season.  Sure both of those shows have gone down hill a bit, but they are still the best non-reality shows on TV these days.

FRIDAY
ABC: Shark Tank

Shark Tank is the best ever!!!  I love all the sharks, I love seeing what people come up with.  My economics nerd side comes out too because I get into pseudo-forecasting product demands and peoples valuations.  If I ever have hundreds of millions of dollars I am pretty sure I would make an excellent shark. 

SATURDAY
CNBC: The Suze Orman Show

We are lame and old, so my Saturday nights belong to Suze and financial planning and such.  Really this show just makes me feel bad because all the people who call in who are our age have a billion more dollars and way better jobs than we have.  Motivation, right? 


Who's with me on any of these?  Or is there something I should be watching that I am not?

5 comments:

Morgane said...

WATCH HOUSEWIVES!!!

Sarah said...

love honey booboo. so funny! and i'm pumped for bachelor & teen mom tonight :) i'm thinking of doing a tv tuesday link up with high lights for the week's show- wanna join?

Savannah :) said...

I LOVE tv just as much as you. You have most of my favorites here! If you want some drama to add onto your Thursdays, Scandal is on Netflix. Get caught up! It's good stuff.

Megan said...

I LOVE when all the shows come back on! I've recently got hooked on Catfish. It's definitely made me question my blog "friends." Are you who you say you are? Am I? If you want to send Nev to check up on my, I'm okay with that. ;)

Shoshanah said...

I love so many of these shows! The Bachelor and Teen Mom 2 are some of my favorites, but I also like both Toddlers & Tiaras and Cheer Perfection. A few of my other favorites are Top Chef, RHOBH, Smash, and Nashville. And I am really curios about catching episodes of The Carries Diaries.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...