Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Les Mis made me depressed, and other weekend happenings

It's Monday!
I use the exclamation only because it is The Bachelor night, which is the best end to a Monday ever.

I had a pretty good weekend.  Friday night we got together with the fam for my little brother's birthday dinner at Saltgrass Steakhouse.  It was yum, but I majorly over-ate and was up until like 2:30 in the AM because my stomach wouldn't stop churning and being uncomfortable.  My secret weapon to any stomach distress is to eat a pickle.  I don't know the science behind it, but it works about 98% of the time.  I recommend it to everyone!  But this was one of the 2% of times where it didn't work, so I just stayed up because it was the weekend!

Saturday was good.  Sarah K and I started a new linkup (our first ever!) and we had 9 participants, which was about 5 more than I was expecting, so that was super exciting. :)  At home I just got sucked into an MTV truelife marathon and didn't do anything the entire day.  It was very relaxing, but more unproductive than I would have liked.  I also got really T.O.ed that Aaron didn't go to work, so my 4 hours of alone time I was looking forward to all week was blown.  I go into more ranting detail in the Sunday Confessions post.  I'm over it now though.  Mostly.  lol. 

Sunday we overslept and thus skipped church AGAIN.  Boo.  But I had made plans with my mom to go to brunch and to see Les Mis finally, so I headed out to do that.  OMG that movie was so great.  I love the story, but it is darn depressing, and I still feel like I have a depressed hangover from it that carried in to today.  The story is so much more than just a story (as is most classic literature) so it really gets you reflecting on your own soul, morality and place in the world afterwards.  Even though I am certain I am part of the emotionally vulnerable population who eats this stuff up, I highly highly recommend it. 
 
What's with today today?
 
So that was the weekend.  Hopefully I will get out of my funk today and have something good to write tomorrow, lol.  I am sure these gals will snap me out of it.
 
It is hard to be sad when you have catty gals to laugh at!
 
 
 
 
How was your weekend?


1 comment:

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

I loved Les Miserables but sobbed like a baby. The priest and candlesticks get me every time and I u=just go from there. Isn't it crazy (and a little embarrassing lol) that We think, oh...Monday and then it hits us, BACHELOR!! The sad thing here, is that this morning my 11 year old son reminded me,"Hey, Mommma, it's Bachelor night!! Woo Hoo." I guess I get another Mother of The Year award!! :)
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...