Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Since you are owed a post by now... ;)

This is just going to be a general update post because the stuff I really want to write about lately is too wordy and time consuming to write here at work.  
Yeah, I don't know either.

I feel guilty when I don't post something at least every other day or so.  I am sure I'm not the only one. 

So what has been up with me.  A lot kinda.

Last Monday my BFF's Mom passed away :(  (Technically her Mom is her grandmother, she was 85 and had lived a long full life - but still doesn't make it any less sad)
So I went up to Dallas on Wednesday night so I could attend the funeral on Thursday.  I got into Dallas around 10 or so and we were up super late talking and carrying on.  So much so that the upstairs neighbor told us to pipe down near 1am.  Whoops.

Thursday was the funeral, and it was very nice.  I got to get to know Katrina's family a little better and that was really fun.  I especially love her sister and sister-in-law who live in Africa doing mission work/San Diego respectively.  They are a hoot and a half!  After all the family stuff we went shopping to kill some time and let traffic die down a bit.  Then I headed back to Houston because it is end of the month + end of the quarter + pretty much the worst time for an accountant to be missing work. 

Friday was just a busy work day.  Nothing too exciting.

The weekend was lazy.  Saturday I unloaded the week of TV shows from the tivo.  Went to lunch.  Took a nap.

Then Sunday we slept in until almost 11am.  Insane.  I am usually up by 7:30 tops.  Maybe I was feeling ill or something.  Not sure.

We didn't have any Easter festivities because the Orthodox Church follows a different calendar and our Easter is May 5th.  Normally it is just a week or so different from everyone else, but this year it is way behind! 

So we were sitting around looking for some TV to watch on the 'On Demand' feature and bingo!  They were showing the whole Season 2 of HBO's Girls through the weekend.  So that is what we did.  Watched all 10 episodes until like 6PM that night.  I really like that show.  I loved it after season 1, but now I am more in a 'like' place.  I plan on discussing it in a blog post this week, but I need to let my feelings turn into cohesive thoughts first.  Thus this rambly post. 

Yesterday was Monday and also inventory day at work.  I am the main accountant gal (department of 1) at my little company, and we have a CPA guy who comes in 1 day a week.  CPA guy is a totally nice person, don't get me wrong.  But I sort of hate CPA day.  Only because it is an annoyance.  Everyday I do my thing, and also get to read my blogs and look at twitter, etc.  When he is here there is always a dang project to do or some obscure software question he thinks up and we have to be on the phone with techsupport for half the day.  I get nothing done hardly, I have no down time because he is in and out of my office every two seconds.  So yeah, annoying.  Well here I was glad to get CPA day out of the way early this week until I hear that he is coming in this Thursday also!  Twice in one week?!  Not fair!!!  I am getting totally jipped this week, and I am not happy. 

Anyway, I suppose I should get back to work, can't slack off because CPA guy will be here again in two days. :\

And how is everyone else doing today?

4 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

My deepest condolences to your friend.

Megan said...

Hahaha! CPA day. That's funny. I can't believe he is only there 1 day a week. My boss is a CPA, but he is also our CFO and I can't imagine him only being here 1 day a week, haha!

And I am very sorry for your friends loss. Any loss is hard.

Dara said...

sorry to hear about your friend's mom.

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said...

I kinda like hearing about CPA guy, he reminds me of a certain co-worker. Its def annoying when you're so used to working alone and going with your own beat! Glad you were able to get to your friend and offer support and laughter to her during this time. Cheers to the rest of your week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...