Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend Update

Happy Monday everyone!  I'm here today to recap the weekend!  We had totally gorgeous weather in Houston, so I took the opportunity to help my Mom in her yard.  We planted lots of tomatoes!

 


Some in pots

Some in the topsy turvy tomato planter.  As seen on TV!
Hanging from the tether ball pole for maximum light exposure.
 
 
Aside from the gardening ventures, I did her tax return and Aaron and I's tax return.  I was delighted that we are getting a refund since Aaron gets paid as an independent contractor.  I usually get a fat refund due to my tuition expenses, so in fairness I get to keep the refund we get...  cha-ching!  lol. 
 
Sunday was spent lounging as usual, and I got started on the pantry organization that I meant to start weeks ago.  I only got through the spice rack on the door, tonight is the shelves though!  I was doing terrible last week with the not watching TV during the week, so this week I am getting back on the wagon.
 
The most exciting thing though is that Madmen was back!!!  I won't spoil any of it, but damnit I love this show.  It has bumped Revenge to the Tivo for that time slot!
 
 
 
And that was the weekend, hope everyone has a great Monday!
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

Kristen said...

I LOVEEE your mom's yard! I was at my mom's this weekend as well & she was working on beautifying her yard too! yay for pretty yards/gardens! :)

Helene said...

I don't watch mad men (i know) but we don't have anything except basic tv haha! we are cheap! we joined our neighborhood gardening club this weekend! i bet you could give us some tips!

a_mo said...

I am trying to avoid Mad Men spoilers today! I'm starting to miss DirecTV now. :)

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I am only on season 3 of Mad Men thus far...I need to catch up!!

Megan said...

I love when you can get some organizational stuff done around the house. It feels amazing. Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said...

oh man, I'm in the middle of "spring cleaning" too. It's a mess in here! Good luck to ya! And def use that TIVO as your reward!!

Bekah @ re·solve said...

mmm! I'm trying to grow some herbs and tomatoes this year...from my apartment patio. Here's to hoping it works!

Pat Hatt said...

All spruced up for spring at your mom's wing and still have yet to get into mad men, but revenge I watch at my den.

Laura said...

oh this reminds me I should plant my tomatoes and basil soon for the season. Last year, my tomatoes got infected with some annoying bug, but I"m determined to get them right this year!

I love mad men too! haven't watched the first episode of the season yet though, still on the DVR

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...