Friday, June 21, 2013
Dear Summer, I Hate You.
1. It is too hot for anything. You can go outside comfortably before maybe 9:30 in the morning (only you will be in the thick of sticky humidity) then not until maybe 8:30 at night. You have to contemplate simple things like taking the trash out or getting the mail if it isn't during these windows otherwise you will be covered in sweat and most likely need to change clothes. Beautiful parks, trips to the zoo or beach, it is like, why even bother. You will just be in the miserable heat.
2. No good holidays. Not that the 4th of July isn't a good holiday, but at my workplace, if it is on a Wednesday, we just get that random day in the middle of the week off. They should have planned our independence celebration to be a long weekend sort of thing like Labor Day. Speaking of Labor Day - that is the next good holiday and it is FOREVER away.
3. Big people ought not wear small clothes. I already have the extra padding on my body from eating too much and not exercising, but I must add to the fact that I look totally gross in sleeveless tops and shorts are reserved only for the most sweltering of occasions. So not only is it hot, but I can't run around in tiny amounts of clothing. I suppose that is my own fault though....either way.
4. The A/C bill is insane. Our normal $100ish dollar a month bill increases by around 50%, and it STILL never feels an optimum level of cool until the middle of the night.
5. There are times when you are forced to be outside for one reason or another and yours truly aways ends up with at least one sunburn of the season. They are the worst too.
6. Mosquitoes all over the place. Enough said.
There you have it.
Please share why you too think summer is terrible!
PS - The Houston Chronicle agrees with me