Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Attention Students!

It is about that time.  Back to school time.  Are we excited??  I know, right!  Summer is never long enough.  Especially if you have opted for summer school!

I am not a student any more, thank goodness, but I remember the insanity that were textbook prices.  It never fails that the professor wants to use the latest and greatest (read:brand new) edition and that is a nightmare.  I remember paying $192 dollars for a new biology book and I sold it back to the book store at the end of the semester for $40 bucks.  I was livid.

That goodness the world wised up and invented renting textbooks.  It is loads cheaper and you don't run the risk of your book being phased out or not used next semester.  If you are on board with book rentals as you should be, the place you should be looking for your books is www.campusbookrentals.com.


You will save anywhere from 40-90% over what your campus bookstore has to offer, plus all the shipping is free - even when you return them.  Feel free to highlight and whatnot because they totally allow that as well.  Your rental time is totally flexible as well if you only need it for part of the semester.  Trust me, your textbook will arrive quick, and the whole process is really simple.  Plus, if the deal isn't already great, they donate to Operation Smile, an organization to help children born with cleft problems with each book rented.  I have rented several a book from Campus Book Rentals and I have always left a satisfied customer!

Let me tell you about the coolest new thing going on with CampusBookRentals - www.RentBack.com.  This is for those (me) who have textbooks we purchased and still own.  You can rent them out to students and make some moolah!  You can easily double + the money you would get from selling your book back to the book store!



The reason this program excites me so is that I always buy and keep my accounting textbooks for references.  I stand by my decision, though I haven't really ever referred back to them.  It would be nice if they could circulate and make some money for me, then come back to my bookshelf just in case I ever need them.  I so wish this would have been around when I was in school!  But who knows, maybe a PhD is in my future?  Dr. Natalie has a nice ring to it, don't you think? ;)

*I was compensated for this post, but all opinions and anedotes are my own

4 comments:

Ashleyrose said...

I wish this was around when I went to college!!

Chelsee W said...

Haha I agree with Ashleyrose that I wish this was around when I was in college.

Alexandra Marie said...

Dr. Natalie has a great ring to it! And I kept so many of my books thinking that I just might want them, but now I realized I need to get rid of them!

da8dacc2-f08a-11e2-85f8-000bcdcb5194 said...

This is a great idea. I hope so many kids start using this that campus bookstores go out of business. I'm still bitter about the folklore text book I paid $200 for and was offered $3 for buy back even though it was still in the wrapper. water damage Austin TX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...