Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thankful Thursday

No, this isn't a link up or anything, I just enjoy alliteration sometimes.  Today, instead of thoughts of future plans, endless to-do lists and general life stress will go by the wayside.  I am going to calm my mind and focus on things I have been thankful for recently.

I am thankful for the Internet.  Not in a joking way (for once).  Information is free and easy and fast.  It gives me a platform to express myself and connect with others.  It brings my loved ones right into my screen at a moments notice.  Sure, it is terrible sometimes, but it is a small price to pay for all the good if you ask me.

I am thankful to live in an area of the world that isn't under the threat of war and chaos.  I couldn't even imagine living one day in the shoes of these people.  I really try sometimes, but it just never seems like real life.  Could we be so lucky?

I am thankful for my education.  My grandmother used to say that education is the only thing that could never be taken away from you.  She was a wise lady.  An old statistic, but in 2010 only 6.7% of the world had a college degree, and I was a part of that.  I don't mean to imply that college is necessary to have a successful life or anything of the sort.  I am just acknowledging that I was given a rare opportunity, all things considered, and for that I am thankful.  


I am thankful for challenges.  Each and every one has taught me a lesson, and in turn I have grown as a person.  Every challenge I am able to overcome furthers my optimism in that nothing can stand between me and a goal.  


What are you thankful for?





2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I am thankful to have a roof over my head and food to eat. So many in the world do not have that privilege. It really puts things in perspective for me.

Megan said...

Whoa! I was in that 6.7% in 2010 too! Great post! And a great way to look at things!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...