Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I love my new dentist!!!

 
I am embarrassed to admit that before last week, I have not been to the dentist in about 10 years.  (How old do I sound when I can say something happened in my adult life 10 years ago...?!)  I have been somewhat blessed in the teeth department.  Brushing usually twice a day, but a lot of times only once, and flossing pretty much never while eating a diet consisting of at least 40% sugary crap has yielded only 1 cavity in my whole life.  How? I have no idea, but I'll take it!
 
Now, 10 years later, I knew that my neglect would surely yield half a dozen root canals, tooth extractions, and other painful and expensive things I don't even know about.  So I saved up a little cushion of money, bought a dental discount plan online and they referred me to The Heights Modern Dentistry.  Actually they referred me to a bunch of places that are trying to be a Hip version of going to the dentist.  Those places always strike me as places that just want to sell you veneers/invisalign/teeth whitening with lasers.  I figured I needed something with a little more medical backing. 
 
So it is my appointment day, and I am terrified (not of painful things, more impending financial pain).  But everything was so easy, and everyone was really cool and funny!  I got my teeth checked out by Dr. Willie Craddock, who was super cool and very explanatory about all my teeth things.  The dental assistant gal was totally cool and I almost wanted to invite her to hang out sometime, but I thought that would be too weird and pushy.  Side note, it is really cool how in-depth teeth x-rays and such have gotten in 10 years!  #science!
 
It turned out that I had no cavities!  #winning! And the couple of things they did want to do to my mouth was explained and itemized out with costs on this neat little chair-side computer deal.  The man who handles the business end of everything is a hoot as well.  Everyone in this place is awesome, I want to work there and be their friends!  lol. 
 
After I approved a fluoride treatment and some lasers to zap out beginnings of gingivitis, I was off to the hygienist, who was also lovely and educational about teeth things.  She made my mouth seem sparkly and new, and even called me yesterday to see how I was doing post-gum lasering (peachy keen, thanks!) ((it didn't hurt at all, but did excellent making the gums around my back tooth less red))  So nice!  And all the while, I had free reign of a big screen TV with a good cable package to boot.  It was daytime, so the best I had was Catfish reruns.  It's all good!
 
So yeah, everything was easy, affordable, and the least stressful dentist experience I have had.  In closing, I really love these guys and highly recommend them if you are in the central Houston area.  They are right off I-10 and Taylor (south of 10) by the Target.
 
*This is not a sponsored post, I just really liked this place.


3 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I gotta say, a dentist that you love is a darn good thing to have. I think bedside manner and trust goes a LONG way in a dentist-patient relationship. Congrats on finding a good dentist!

Ashley @ ladyacray.blogspot.com said...

SO jealous!!! I hadn't been to the dentist in two years which yielded me 5 cavities. FIVE!! I just got them filled yesterday and boy am I not happy today. Between my sore gums and sensitive teeth I'm pretty frustrated I never forced myself to be a better flosser. Lame!

Cece said...

You are so super lucky that you have good teeth! Glad that wasn't the horrible experience that it could have been. I have good teeth too (terrible eyes) but I have always gone regularly. I don't floss but I'm trying to start.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...