Anyway, there are a handful of things that only happen in my household when no one is home, and I'd like to share those with you now.
1. Cereal for dinner. Just about every night.
Come to Mama.
2. The bathroom door stays open. There is nothing more liberating! lol. I really only am happy that I can take my showers with the door open and not have to worry about the light interrupting any one's sleep in the morning. Oh, to be a grad student!
3. I stay up late. There is no logical reason for it, I think I just enjoy rebelling against the routine. I immediately regret it when my alarm goes off.
4. Ultimate A/C control. I am not even close to being a cold natured person, quite the opposite. But when Aaron is home he likes it a chilly 72 degrees or less with the fans going at full speed. It dries my eyes out, I have to use a blanket in the summer. It is insane. Plus he leaves after me and never turns the temp up, so we air condition an empty house. So frustrating!
It is staying at 78 this week!
5. I become a gal about town. When I get off work, I have to sit in 45 minutes of traffic until I get home, then I have to figure something out for dinner so we can hopefully eat by 7. I don't like eating much later than that, I am already hungry when I leave work. Since I don't have to rush home to make dinner, (because I am having cereal, remember?) I will go all over the place. Feel like going to world market? Why, yes I do. Want to go get those caterpillar eyebrows waxed and have to wait zero minutes at the salon? Yes, please. I might even go to the mall, or meet someone for happy hour. It gets crazy.
6. Clean-a-palooza happens. I have no clue why, but aside from doing dishes, I have trouble doing chores when Aaron is home. Either I am wanting to hang out with him, or I don't want him to see me digging through his piles of stuff trying to put them away. Somehow our place stays reasonably clean, but I really get down to business when he is gone for a few days.
7. Best sleep ever. Getting to stretch out in the middle of the bed is awesome. Plus you are the only one snoring, so you probably wont wake up in the night.
Thanks for going out of town, Aaron! It is the best gift you can give me, lol. ;)