Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Hey y'all

Did I really not blog for a whole year and a half??  Yeah, I don't know what happened... I took a temporary hiatus to take a review class for my CPA exam. (Still haven't passed any of those, but that is a convo for another day) Those classes and studying were all very intense until last summer, so I just didn't have extra time for anything.  So summer came and went, and I enjoyed the break from blogging.  This blog sort of got away from what I originally wanted it to me, which is a record of my life.  Instead it turned into a weird pseudo click-baity/trying to fit in with the other bloggers thing I wasn't proud of and perfectly happy to walk away from.

So I am trying to get back to basics, and go back to just sharing my day to day with friends and family.  No more posting about parts of a banana I won't eat, or what I got in a Birch Box.  I am working on other blogging projects that I plan to be more business oriented and 'get all the traffic' oriented.  Here i'd like to just keep it simple and me.  Thanks for sticking around if you did, I look forward to reacquainting with everyone and everything.

I'll give a short little update on everything that happened from January 29, 2014-August 30, 2015

Aaron and I celebrated our 2nd AND 3rd anniversary, and everything is fabulous with us.  We are hoping for a tiny Hinkley to come along sometime in the future, but aren't stressing about it too much.  The cost of babies is what scared me more than anything, otherwise I'd be much more eager :)

I still work at my same job.  I have had a 7 year anniversary there this past July.  So this is going to be the year when it is time to move on to bigger and better things.  As much as I love what I do, I am bored and ready for the next step (and hopefully a bigger paycheck!)  I also am the controller of my friend's startup company on the side, so that is really fun and challenges me.

Aaron just started his second year of teaching high school history.  He really likes it and is at a magnet school full of well behaved children for the most part.  Plus his commute is like not even 10 minutes, so he really lucked out.

We have gone on some awesome travels!  We've gone to New York city to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday.  My little brother gifted us all a cruise to Mexico, Belize and Honduras the past spring - AMAZING.  And we've been on one trip to Las Vegas to see Aaron's family, and two trips to the coast for family reunions.  Trying to plan a trip to see Aaron's family again because it has been too long!

What else...I bought a new car, we moved into a newly renovated apartment in the same complex, so we now how nice carpet and new appliances.  I got bangs.  Just kidding, I did no such thing.

All in all, it has been a fun time.  I am sad that I haven't been blogging because I have nothing to go back and re-read to remember, but what can you do?  Either way, it is nice to be back!

Also, please bear with me while I get this site updated and back in working order.  I know my web address expired, so I am sure none of the links work and etc.  It is being addressed :)
Belize



1 comment:

a_mo said...

Don't forget coming to Denton and seeing Erik graduate from UNT. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...